Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Turn that @#$% music off!!!!!


Ok, this is one that makes the AMB wanna holler everytime I call certain people and hear "Please enjoy the music while your party is reached"! Afterward I am forced to listen to a minute or so worth of inane music while they "reach my party"! This just makes my blood boil. I don't want to hear your music! I have better things to do. My time is valuable so either answer the damn phone or give me voicemail. If I want entertainment I will buy a concert ticket or listen to my own music on my Ipod.

Once friend forced me to listen to 3 minutes worth of "Don't push me cause I'm close to the edge"...by the time said friend picked up I was "about to lose my head!" Another friend has inaudible hip hop at about 150 decibels blasting. It sounds more like someone's stuffing T-Pain through a wood chipper rather than any identifiable "music". When they finally do answer they complain that I force them to repeat everything twice because I've gone partially deaf while "enjoying the music".

Grow up people! I can at least understand music if I call my teenager (won't like it but I can understand), but when it comes to 40-somethings it's pretty ridiculous. In fact it makes me not want to call them at all. Worst of all is having to listen to this garbage only to have to leave a message because the "party" is probably too busy searching for other horrible music for me to "enjoy" while I'm losing my mind waiting on them to answer the damn phone. Makes me wanna "reach" through the phone and choke the living @$#% out of my "party". Talk about cruel and unusual punishment. Torture is supposed to be against the law in America, I'm sure that statute covers "Ear Worms" somewhere.

So here's a tip...TURN THAT DAMN MUSIC OFF, because if I am forced to listen to "Murder by Numbers" one more time, I might commit it! I'm already deaf and I've been "pushed to the edge" so...don't give me any ideas

6 comments:

Whispering Thoughts said...

Dear Foamy,
You are hilarious!
I can sympathize with you and the ring back tones or hold music tones or whatever they are called. I have had to endure everything from Quiet Riot to Zero 7.
Yeah look it up and see what the range is.

They have taken the bottle of Coca Cola and“I’d like to teach the world to sing, in perfect harmony”, dumped it out and beat us over the head with it to the tune of “bang your head to the beat.
Friends of mine don’t have them. Friends that do are now Associates and I am forced to send a text msgs only!

Off to find my ring back tone Liberace’s "I'll be seeing you” ~LOL

Unknown said...

LOL..okay. this is really funny.

I would probably agree with you but my friends that have that are kind enough to have tailored songs TO me..so usually I'm grooving while "on hold" (to a different song everytime I call even. I love technology!)

I think the carrier that does that is verizon..or maybe t-mobile, I'm not quite sure.. but what I do know, is that I have sprint.

I've called myself, and others have called me. For the person calling INTO my cell phone, the tone rings about five or six times before it reaches my cell phone once.

I've been told it seems like a VERY long time that I've let the phone ring, when actually, I only get 3 rings before my phone goes to voicemail, whereas, the person calling me.. hears 8 rings.

That hold music takes approximately a minute, or about 5 rings. Its actually clever of that phone company to find a way to disguise that.

Its a shame that people dont pick better music. It seems like when I'm on hold anywhere, I'm gonna hear music, so why not good music?

Theres a compromise in there somewhere......

Shannon Lee said...

I'm with you on this one...I stopped calling the people I know with these ridiculous call tones...they're too loud, the sound quality is poor, and I don't like talking on the phone much anyway to begin with so I'm better off categorizing those folks as "text only" in my life...LOL Too funny though...to see/hear/read you getting so worked up about stuff. You're a trip! LOL

Anonymous said...

Because your rant was geared towards me I will make sure to personalize "Murder By Numbers" for you only! I wasn't going to renew the ring tones but now I am thanks to you!

Trish said...

ABM,

Wow! I am so sorry that those call tones have you feeling extremely annoyed, perhaps these three suggestions might help…

1. Use a speaker phone and turn the volume down while you are waiting.
2. Find new friends with better music or no music at all.
3. Or call a friend who has a soothing voice before placing your call.

And ABM please remember that “Life is short,” so don’t short circuit too soon…

Love ya,
Trish

Ben said...

Thanks Trish, actually blogging it therapeutic so that I don't short circuit, lol. Thanks for your suggestions...all good ideas :)